So here it is in February, and it's so cold here that there is rolling blackouts of electricity. WOW. I don't believe this has happened in a long time. Where we live is actually down closer to the water, (Galveston), and it's even cold here. It is in the low 20's and the wind is blowing even harder. It makes the wind chill factor feel like it's below 0. We are about to fly to Vegas, tomorrow, and hoping the weather holds out to get us off the ground and go West for a tad bit warmer weather. We are bundled up, and staying warm, at work, but have to get out in the weather on occasion, and it's really brutal to say the least. I really don't know how people live in the northern states in snow, most of the year. I think that must come from acclamation, but not this Texas girl. I'll stay right here and deal with the "occasional" winter blast. I'm really hoping that everyone stays home if they do not have to travel, and stay warm as well. I'm concerned about my grandchildren right now, as they rolling blackout of electricity has hit my stepdaughters house today. She has no firewood, and cannot light the oven, due to the fact that it is, electric start on a gas stove. What ever happen to those stoves that ran just strictly on gas? You could always turn on the stove when it was extra cold outside, and the house stay warm. But these days and the new fangled fancy stoves, I suppose that is not possible. I'm guessing those of us who have a fireplace, are the lucky ones at this point, and hopefully it will not last long.
I will say this...I will be on that plane, tomorrow, and sit on it, with a lot of alcohol, if I have too, until it takes off. I want to go to Vegas, and I want to see George Strait. I'm sure that if weather permits, the plane will take off with no problems, except a little bumpy ride, first. But we all have intentions of getting to Vegas and when we fly back to Houston, this freeze will be over with...or at least that is what they tell us.
Wish us luck and pray for those who don't have electricity and heating at this point, and hope that the electrical grid holds out until this is over.
Have a wonderful bundled up day.
No comments:
Post a Comment