Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Blues and what's for Supper

Today is one of those rainy days, that everyone would rather stay at home in bed, but like most of us, everyone had to get out and get into the rain and drudge their way to work.  Only because we have to, even though you would much rather be at home, maybe creating a new dish, for supper, or trying something that you have not cooked as of yet.
Although I did get myself a kitchen cookbook stand yesterday, so that it would be much easier to get my big cookbook to stand up, I've only cooked a few things from it.  Today is one of those days, I need to search the depths of myself, and create something great. Or better yet, my daughter has just posted a dish that is a favorite at our house to. Chicken Alfredo, with a twist. It is the perfect blend of pasta, greens, and cheese, (and of course) chicken, if you just have to have the meat.
It was a beautiful blend of Alfredo, with spinach leaves boiled with the pasta. Great idea I must say. I cannot wait to try this recipe.  It's one of those days, where you need some comfort, easy to fix meal, and little effort. Bless her for posting these wonderful recipes she creates.

Tomorrow, I might post a picture of how mine turns out. I'm sure it won't look as good as her does. 
Actually today is just a blah Monday, and working seems to take my mind off other pressing situations. Of which I can do nothing about, at this particualar time, but I will figure it out soon.
I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful day, doing whatever you like to do today. As for me, I can't wait to get off work, and get home and do some cooking.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment